Monday, August 9, 2010

Thank God For The Girls!

I must say, I am very fortunate to have such great girlfriends. I don't know how people make it without them! Let's face it, there are just some things that you can't talk to your men about. And some things you just don't want to talk to them about! I have 2 groups of girls...the "Mom's Group" and the "Couples Group." I love them both equally, but they are a totally different experience.

The "Couples Group" consists of about 6 of us (all the husbands are friends as well) and quite a few bottles of wine. We talk about everything under the sun...no topic is off limits. We have been known to shut down a few restaurants, and even have a waiter or two join us when their shift is over. If you want to be heard you have to speak up because we often find ourselves talking over each other. We have been surprisingly successful in keeping our monthly girls night going for sometime now. There is one rule for girls night...what is said at girl's night, stays at girl's night. I love it! I wish we could do it every week!

The "Mom's Group" consists of 6 of us now (one just moved...so sad) and I think we have only successfully gotten together, sans the kids, once (tonight was the first time)! Our common factor, obviously our kids. Oddly enough we all have little boys that are within 6 or 7 months of each other. As much as we love and adore our perfect little angels, a night out is definitely needed! You would think that we would take such a golden opportunity to discuss some scholarly issues (i.e. not Yo Gabba Gabba), but we don't. I think we spent 90 percent of the time talking about the boys. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed every second of it. It's amazing how relaxing a dinner can be when you aren't having to chase around a 1 1/2 year old. Plus, it's nice to hear that you aren't the only one who feels like they don't know what they are doing!

As different as our nights out can be, there is one commonality between the two. No matter how bad the day was, it all seems so much better by the time the evening has come to an end...

I love my girls and don't know what I'd do without them!!!

No comments: