Monday, August 16, 2010

1.5

My baby is not a baby anymore! He is now 18 months old and has more personality than I could have ever imagined. He makes me laugh so hard I can't stand it.

We are working on eating with a fork and spoon. It has not been going so well. I actually end up making twice the amount of food he needs because most of it ends up on the floor, in the dogs mouth, or in Mac's lap. His spoon skills are definitely lacking, but we are making some progress with the fork. Honestly, he just stabs at food until something sticks, but he has such a sense of accomplishment on his face I can't help but clap for him. Too bad my clapping leads to his clapping and more food is splattered on the floor!

He is also turning into quite the little dumpster diver. Our trash can lid doesn't shut all the way and Mac really enjoys digging for hidden treasures. You know, things like foil, paper, and the occasional handful of food.


Eric and I keep finding ourselves watching him in amazement. We were at dinner the other night and caught each other just staring at Mac because he was eating all by himself. It's still blows my mind that we brought home this helpless little baby and now I have a little boy who can walk and talk...oh yeah, and feed himself. I am assuming that children eventually reach an age when you are no longer enamored with every little thing they do, but I have a feeling we are no where near that!

For your 18 mo birthday:

Mac, at 18 months:

1. You weigh in at 26 lbs

2. You have really started to slim down now that you run EVERYWHERE!

3. I am already missing all those extra fat rolls on your legs (you still have plenty though!)

4. You can make the following animal sounds: cow ("mmmm"), dog ("arf"), cat ("kitty cat"), monkey ("E-E-E-E"), Tiger ("grrrrr"), snake ("ssss")

5. You can actually identify animals on your flash cards and make their sounds

6. You LOVE to wash your hands. Actually you like to play in the water, but I'll take it.

7. You can identify the following party parts: head, ears, mouth, eyes, hands, feet, knees, and belly.

8. You love to show people your belly

9. When you know you are in trouble you say "I love you."...because that usually gets you out of trouble

10. You no longer say please when you want something. Instead you stay "Thank You" (pronounced Na Nu) because I guess you know I will give it to you eventually!

11. Anytime you leave the room you hug Heisman and tell him "I Love You."

12. You climb on everything

13. You love to dance

14. You like to bathe yourself and wash your own hair

15. We are making some progress eating with a fork and spoon

16. You like to play with Mommy's phone, which has resulted in 2 "911" calls.

17. You squeal "Daddy!" every time the phone rings...and you say "Hello" when you hold the phone to your ear

18. You are still the greatest thing that ever happened to me and your Daddy

















As you can tell my this video, Mac is starved for attention:



No comments: