Sunday, November 30, 2008

"Babymoon"

So my wonderful husband decided to take me on a "babymoon" this weekend! He is such a sweetheart. We had a wonderful time and it was a welcome break! My best friend
Beth kept Heisman for the weekend so we finally got to sleep in! We stayed at the Lancaster Hotel downtown. On Friday we went to the zoo which was really fun! I haven't been to the Houston Zoo since I was little. It really hasn't changed all that much. The elephants and the monkeys always make me laugh. Here are some pictures from the zoo...

That night we went to eat at Vic and Anthony's...um....WOW! That is now my second favorite place (behind Capital Grille). It was one of the best steaks I have ever had. And the best part of all...bread pudding! Now, I have yet to have bread pudding like I had on our honeymoon in Belize, but this comes in a close second! So good!

The next day we slept, and slept, and slept (praise the Lord!)....I think we ended up just laying in bed until almost 11am...I think I was in college the last time that happened! It was so nice to just relax. We had brunch at the restaurant downstairs and literally walked across the street to the Alley Theatre to see "A Christmas Carol." It was fantastic. We both really enjoyed it. That night we met our friends Beth and Ryan at Da Marco's for dinner. It was good, but I wasn't all that impressed. It probably didn't help that my friend asked for Ketchup for her steak (I know, I know) and they made fun of her a little to close and she overheard. Here is my theory and steaks and ketchup...if you are paying for it, and that's how you like to eat it I don't care! I know it's an "insult"to the chef, but you can't help it if that's what you like!...

The one snag in the weekend was that I have a sinus infection and cannot breathe! It's horrible. I can breathe out of the right side, but not the left. I had a really hard time getting rest last night =(. Since I think it's a sinus infection that really isn't much I can take for it anyway, but being pregnant and all I can't just pop a pill to make it better. I called one of my friends that's an ER doc. and he said to use a Neti Pot. You've seen it before on the Infomercials. You put it in one side of your nose, lean your head, pour the water and it comes out the other side! It sounds absolutely horrible I know, but god bless the Neti Pot!!!! I love that thing. It really does work, even though it's short term...I strongly recommend them....last but not least here is a picture o f me at 29 weeks...






No comments: