Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Fun With Friends

Mac and I had a great lunch today with our friend Calvin....and I'm a little surprised. I guess I should explain. Calvin is a good friend of ours from A&M (Eric lived with him in College). He's been around Mac since he was born and the two of them have had a love/hate relationship (Mac did the hating). I think every time Calvin held Mac as an infant, Mac threw up on him. Then, when Mac was about 8 months old, he just started freaking out whenever Calvin was around. We tried everything to get him to calm down but he just wasn't having it. I was hoping today would be the day Mac turned the corner...and it was! When Calvin walked up to the table Mac looked him up and down pretty good. He kept an eye on him for a good 15 minutes before he finally let his guard down, but there were no tears! Mac finally started playing Peek-A-Boo and by the time the meal was over he even raised his arms for Calvin to pick him up. I was shocked. Mac sat on his lap for 20 minutes and played with his phone. He even tried to share his slimy, nasty, partly eaten Goldfish (such a sweet boy). I wish I had of had my camera with me because it was really sweet and who knows what kind of mood he'll be the in the next time we meet up...all in all it's been a good day so far!

I also need to say it's been a very happy 17 months since Mac came into our lives. I am just amazed at what he is learning everyday. Here is my letter to Mac:


Mac, at 17 months:


-You weigh about 26 pounds

-You eat more than any kid your age that I have ever met

-You have a deep love for french fries

-You are developing quite a vocabulary. You can say: bird, dog, kitty cat, go, "yo" (which means Yo Gabba Gabba), sit, stay, Dada, Mama, beep-beep, ball (and others that I am probably forgetting),

-You LOVE Yo Gabba Gabba and want to watch it constantly

-You can show me your head, ears, mouth, and belly

-You can follow directions when I tell you to clap your hands, sit down, lay down, get the ball, and stay (no, I don't think he's a dog)

-You think you become invisible if you hide behind or put something over your face

-You have learned how to flush the toilet

-You dance anytime you hear music

-You do not like to ride in a stroller...you think you are too big for that!

-I can't take you out in public without you getting lots of attention from lots of pretty girls

-You are still the love of our lives!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that video is adorable!