Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Greatest Pillow....EVER!

I got a pregnancy pillow and I LOVE it...yes, I love my pillow. I have had trouble sleeping the past few weeks and I actually got a decent nights sleep ! Did I mention that I LOVE my pillow???

I had an OB appt this morning that was uneventful. I did meet my new OB (mine is retiring) and I really like him. He seems really laid back and comforting (Eric liked him too). Eric actually went to school with his son at Rice which is kind of random. Anyway, I thought it was weird though because the nurse called me back and told Eric to wait in some chairs while they took my weight, BP, and listened to the baby's heart...I really wanted him to get to hear that! I guess some women don't want their husband's knowing how much they weigh?? They also have started measuring my stomach from the top of the uterus (which is right at the navel now) to the pubic bone. I'm exactly 17 cm which is perfect he said (it's supposed to be 1 cm per week of pregnancy...I'm 17 weeks). It's strange because I really look forward to my OB visits, but the day before I get a little freaked out. Because I have not felt any movement yet (which the Dr. said I probably won't for a little while since this is my first) I just sit there and wonder if everything is ok. I find myself holding my breath and just waiting to hear the heartbeat. Once I hear it I let out a big sigh of relief. The nurse just looked at my and laughed and said everybody does that. That sound is the most comforting/reassuring thing I have ever heard. It makes my day. It's somewhat stressful/frustrating to realize that I basically no power over the physical well-being of this baby (which I guess doesn't really change once they are born). I can do what is right and just pray that everything will be okay. But to anyone who has ever been pregnant I am sure that you will agree that a heartbeat is the sweetest sound in the world.

We go back Oct. 2 to find out the sex! I am so excited! I just want to know so bad. We are still convinced it is a girl (so we won't be too shocked if it's a boy). As cliche as it sounds...we don't care as long as it is healthy!

Well, I'm just sitting here waiting for Ike to come. It's kind of windy now, but other than that it has been a hot and sunny day. I'm actually not worried about staying here even though they say it is/could be a category 4 at landfall. I'm sure we will lose power, but I'm just not too worried. Now tornadoes are a totally different story. They scare me. My 2 story brick house vs. a hurricane...no problem....my 2 story brick house vs. a tornado....hmmmm. Hopefully we won't need to worry about it. But objects flying though my windows at over 100 mph does not make me feel good. I told my friend Beth that I will probably be one of those people on the news with no make up, no shoes, in a robe, getting rescued from my roof or something. Then they'll interview me and I'll say, "I just didn't think it would be that bad!"...so don't laugh at me if you see me like that =)

Alright...that's it for now. Hope everyone stays safe and dry!

No comments: