Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Good Old Canada...

I left this morning for Canada. Eric got me to the airport around 7am (for my 9:20 flight). I really didn't think that was too early, but I walked into IAH, went straight to baggage check (no line at all!) , walked right through security (again, no line at all), and got to my gate all by 7:10 am! Also, here's a tip if you are flying Continental out of IAH...go to the Presidents Club (around E12) and you can connect to the Internet for free!! Ha ha! I saved $20! It made me happy so thanks to the lady at the gate who told me about the little secret. It must not be too well known because I was the only one doing it. So don't tell =)
I have also learned that people are really nice to pregnant people. Of everyone on the plane, the flight attendant came to me to see if I would like to change seats so I would have more room. I was more than thrilled seeing that the man next to me reeked of B.O. and was spilling over into my set! So I got a window seat with no one next to me...I was happy. So the last 30 minutes or so before we landed someone did the unthinkable....they farted on the plane. Seriously? I don't care if it makes your stomach hurt to hold it in (Eric), that is just mean. It smelt so bad. Everyone was looking around and making bad faces...it was actually quite funny, but still really gross.
I got to Vancouver around 12:00 pm today (their time). The flight was not too bad. As most of you know I can pretty much sleep through just about anything (expect at night when I should be) so I was probably only awake for maybe an hour of the 5 our trip. I got to the hotel around 1:30 ish and was told that I did not have a reservation until Sunday night (the last night of my trip). Luckily some of Eric has rubbed off on me and I had printed my confirmation for the hotel so I'm not sleeping on the street tonight.
I decided to walk around downtown and see what was around the hotel. They have really good shopping. Of course, I don't shop at "real" stores anymore because I probably wouldn't be able to wear whatever I bought by next month. But....there is a store called Zara in Houston that I really like and they have one here. They had a maternity line! I got a really pair of cute jeans so now I don't have to wear my "good" ones all the time. There was also a store called Roots that had adorable stuff, but of course 1 sweater was $300 so I decided to pass on that. Don't think I can expense that one =).
One thing I have noticed about Canada is that is is very British...I thought it was supposed to be French?? I thought it was funny that at the bars they had happy hour specials on tea. It's very clean here though. I haven't ventured out of downtown yet, but I'm just amazed when city streets are clean. I have also been told to expect rain...pretty much all the time here. I didn't know it rained so much here. It's not pouring rain, but it's cold enough that rain is keeping me cold.
Okay, enough for now. I get to go and see the dolphins at the Aquarium tomorrow so I'm excited! Later...

No comments: