Friday, September 2, 2011

Deep Breaths

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 was NOT a good day. I don't think I have ever been quite that stressed/frantic/overwhelmed in my life! And to those of you called, left messages on Facebook, etc....THANK YOU!!! It seriously made me feel like I was not the only one who had ever felt that way! I sincerely appreciate your words and advice. After my blog post about my frustrations things continued to tumble downhill. Ellie was awake and screaming from midnight until 5am. A few incidents of projectile vomit were involed. I cried, she cried. It was quite possibly the worst 5 hours I have ever experienced.
I had to wake up at 7 am that morning because it was Mac's first day of school and Ellie's 2 month shots. I got both of the kids fed, dressed and ready to go on time (for once) and we headed on our way out the door. The entire drive over, Mac and I talked about school. He kept telling me how he was a big boy and "no cries" when Mommy left. He even told me "Mommy always come back." That's our new mantra at nap/bed time right now as well. When we pulled into the parking lot he started asking if Mommy was coming to school. I told him I was going to take him to his class, but then I was going to leave, but it was okay because Mommy always comes back. We got to his classroom and were waiting in the hall for the teachers to open the doors. He started getting a little teary eyed, but I just told him "no cries" because he was going to have so much fun today. Once we got in the door he was such a big boy! We went over and checked out the crayons, the play dough, and even the class fish. I went to kiss him good-bye and he realized I was leaving. He wasn't happy about it, but held back the tears. I was so proud of him!
After a successful drop off, Ellie and I headed to her doctor's appointment. I remember how horrible Mac's first round of shots were. He screamed for a good 5 minutes or so afterwards and I felt so sorry for him. I was not looking forward to this. My sweet girl weighed in at 10.8 lbs (40th percentile) and 23 inches (75th percentile). When it came time for the shots I was prepared for the worst, but she did great! She gave the nurse a dirty look after the first stick and barely let out a little whine after the second. Such a big girl!
We got to have a little playdate with Ellie's friend Olivia until it was time to go and pick up Mac from school. When I opened the door he had this huge smile on his face. He charged at me, arms open, and gave me the biggest hug and said "Fun day Mommy! Fun day!" He even told me "Come back tomorrow!" Wow! What a huge difference from this summers school experience.
My WONDERFUL sister came over that afternoon and spent the night with us. She even got up with Ellie when she woke up at night. It was a much needed and welcome break!
After a much more relaxing night of rest, it was time to get ready for day 2 of school. Getting Mac out the door was a little more difficult this morning because he just wanted to stay home and play with BB, but after a little coaxing we headed to the car. Unfortunantly, drop off was not as smooth as it was the day before. There were some tears, but thankfully no screaming or attempted escape. When I came back to pick him up I opened the door just as the custodian was leaving the room with a bag of trash. Based on the odor that followed I thought wow, somebody's kid really stunk up that room! Guess who it was. As I scanned the room for Mac I caught a glimpse of a half naked blonde kid in the corner. Mac had just had a MASSIVE blow out which involved him grabbing the poop from his diaper and pretty much ruining the clothes he had on. The whole room reeked! Once he was dressed he came running to see me and I really thought I might gag a little. And his poor teacher still had poop on her arm! I felt so horrible. Then as we were leaving, his teacher tells me how Mac was yelling "Salud" and "Cheers" during snack time. Today was one of those days you are just so proud of your kid! It will be a great story to tell future girlfriends, right?
Here are some pictures:






No comments: