Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Halfway There...

I have sat down at least 5 times over the past 2 weeks to blog, gotten halfway through a post and been forced to stop to do something else. Of course I never got back to finish any of them up so they retired to the graveyard of unfinished posts. I am determined to finish this one!

I feel like a lot has gone on since the last time I posted...Eric's siblings came into town on Memorial Day to visit with Mac (and us of course). We took Mac out to eat that night and he provided us with entertainment as usual. As we were waiting for our food we noticed a big wet spot on the bottom of Mac's overalls. Thinking it was water, Eric stuck his hand in the hair chair too see if it was wet. It wasn't water. Mac had a huge blow out diaper. It was absolutely disgusting and somehow I got Eric to change him! Of course I didn't have an extra pair of pants with me, but since we were outside on a patio, and no one else was there, I said oh well and let him go pant-less. Everytime people walked by I could just see it in their eyes. The first couple didn't have any kids so I got the "who would let their kid run around with no pants on" look. The second couple to come by had an infant so I got the "we will never let our baby do that!" look. And my response to each of them was a little smile and the following internal dialouge: "Just you wait. Oh, just you wait."
The next day we decided to go to Discovery Green. We had never been, but I had heard it was a good place for kids. It was GREAT! We went in the morning so it wasn't very crowded and the heat was still tolerable. Mac had a blast in the splash pad area.
Later that week my brother called me to say he was coming into town late that night and leaving the next evening. I rearranged some plans so that Mac and I could spend the day with Uncle Kevo. I hate that he lives 5 hours away. We spent the day visiting and while we were at my Mom's office we found a giant bunny costume in a box (random, I know) and Kevin put the head on. I was waiting for Mac to have a meltdown, but he loved it.

Mac has really taken to the water. He actually cries when we leave the pool. The first time we went I was a little nervous that he was going to hate it and I would therefore spend an entire summer trying to coax Mac in. To my pleasant surprize, Mac puts his face in the water, kicks his chubby little legs, and jumps off the edge of the pool! Everytime we go people are impressed that a kid his age is so comfortable in the water. Eric had not been able to see Mac at the pool so I was really excited when he got to come with us on Saturday. Of course Mac was in heaven since Daddy was there.
As you have probably noticed in these pictures, Mac got a major haircut. My hairdresser took about 3 inches off of his hair! I actually think I like it better short, but Eric misses the curls so we may end up finding a happy medium next time he gets a trim.
In not so good news (at least to me), Mac has really become attached to his pacifier and blanket. When I get him out of the crib in the morning he clutches both items as tightly as possible and refuses to leave his room without them. It's gotten so bad that he now wants to eat breakfast with them in his lap, use them in the car, etc, etc. I guess it's not the worst thing in the world, but I can only imagine the battle I will have on my hands when I decide he is to old to carry them around.
Oh, and by the way, Mac has found the joy of suckers =)

No comments: