Monday, June 21, 2010

Fathers, Fish, and Falls

Fathers:
Happy (belated) Father's Day to all the Dads out there. Especially my wonderful husband Eric! Not that I ever doubted his ability to be a great father (the diaper changing was up for question for a while), but I am just so inspired every time I see him with Mac. Eric will do anything to make that little guy laugh. When Mac woke up we opened up one of Eric's gifts and then headed over to Fountain View Cafe. If you haven't been, and you don't mind waiting on your food, it's really great. Fortunately, we had Mac there to entertain us with his great lemon eating and straw sucking skills so we were good.
After we finished we headed over to get Daddy's big present...he got to pick out boots! Eric has talked about getting a pair of boots for some time now and I thought it would be cute if the boys could get them together. Mac ended up getting the first pair he tried on and happily paraded around the store with them on. He loves them!
Eric tried on a few pair but something just wasn't right...oh, it was the khaki short/boot combo! He finally went and got a pair of jeans so that the boots didn't look ridiculous. He chose a pair that I think he will really get some wear out of. And of course, I somehow ended up shopping (I swear it was not my plan!) and got a pair of boots that look just like Mac's! That was pretty much it for the day. We all took a nap together in our bed and had dinner. A pretty uneventful day, and it was just perfect! From the time Mac wakes up, until the time he goes to bed, he is looking for and anxiously waiting to see his Daddy. Happy Father's Day baby...I love you!

Fish:
Today Mac and I headed over to the downtown Aquarium with our friends Heather and Halen. We had a buy one get one free ticket so it ended up costing us a total of $15 for all four of us to get in. The boys had a great time looking at all the sea life, snakes, and even a beautiful white tiger that Mac thought was a giant dog. They have a little area where you can interact and touch a few sting-rays, sharks, and crabs. The water was too deep for the boys to really touch anything, but that didn't stop me from acting like a big kid and petting everything I could reach. I am amazed by sting-rays (especially ones that have had their barbs removed) and love the way they feel. They may not be pretty creatures, but they are fun to watch. There was a little bounce house that we all played in, a train ride around the facility, and a Merry-Go-Round. Other than the extreme temperature this morning, it was a lot of fun.





Falls:
We were all starting to get hungry so we went upstairs to eat in the resturant. Mac has been doing really well sitting at the kitchen table and he even sat in a booster seat yesterday when we had brunch so when the lady asked if we wanted booster seats I said sure. While we were waiting for our food to arrive I saw Mac rocking his seat and before I could grab him he fell face first onto the floor. The poor guy fell pretty hard. Before I could even get him up he was crying. I think it scared him more than anything, but he was very upset. I could feel the eyes of the entire resturant focusing in on us. I felt so bad for letting him fall, but lesson learned. We switched back to the high chair. And don't worry, once he saw a french fry, it was all good!

We went to the little splash pad for a little while to let him play, but I could see how sleepy he was getting. By the time we left the parking lot the little man was sound asleep...and that was 3 1/2 hours ago! Gotta love playdates!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So sweet...love the boots!