Monday, January 18, 2010

Possibility of Disaster!

I have made a decision....I am going to make Mac's birthday cake. I know, I'm scared too! The actual baking of the cake is no big deal. I anticipate the problem will be trying to decorate the thing. I went to Hobby Lobby today and bought a football cake pan and the tips/bags I need to decorate it. It looks very simple, but I am not good at decorating cakes. I have never iced a cake that looked right. Fortunately my friend Beth is going to help me so there is some hope of it looking okay. So if you show up at Mac's party and there is an unrecognizable object with a candle in it laying on the table, compliment me on the cake!
In other Mac news....he apparently had 4 teeth pop up over night. I was playing with him today and noticed 4 little white specks peeking through his gums (2 on top , 2 on bottom). I am hoping that this finding explains why Mac has been attacking me like a rabid dog the past few days.
He is also increasing his vocabulary...he now says "Bye Bye." It actually comes out sounding like "O-Bye, O-Bye" and I don't think he has any idea what it means, but he's still saying it! We are working on waving, but that one is hit or miss. If he's in the mood you get it, if not you don't.

No comments: